Thursday, September 22, 2022

there have been 52,000 posts

 so, maybe you need a rest. 

You've read a lot, looked at a lot of photos, learned a lot of trivia, seen a bunch of history, been informed on bunches of topics from art, bridges, photography, design, aerodynamics, trailers, campers, trucking, construction, engines, carbs, tread, cross country endurance trips, ambulances, blimps, wagons, fire engines, WW2 nose art, military stuff, highways, national parks, tractors, locomotives, logging roads, plank roads, snowmobiles, Antarctic expeditions, Navy aircraft tugs, speedometers, hood ornaments, steering wheels, radios, F1, NHRA, the Amish, gas stations, hangers, museums, tanks, bicycles, baby strollers, lawn mowers, breakfast runs, belly tankers, barn finds, SEMA, blowers, gliders, street sweepers, garbage trucks, Hollywood camera cars, bug deflectors, adventurers, semaphore turn signals, circus wagons and carnival rides, roller coasters, the conservation corps, Comic Con, patents, Brazilian cars and trucks, gravity racers, Red Bull extreme sports and soap box racing, skateboards, cutaways, designers, Disney, desert racing, dealerships, the Camel Land Rover races, Pikes Peak, Goodwood, swamps buggies, monster trucks, atvs, wheelchairs, diners, dioramas, documentaries, hollywood, tv show cars, movie previews, advertising, Dr Suess, drive ins, transporters and haulers, dry lakes, Von Dutch and Roth, Eden Roc, fashion couture, bumper design, flamejobs and pinstripes, shift knobs, T Buckets, engineers, inventors, Trans Am racing, Can Am racing, trophies, innovation, Swift screw ups, flying wings, frozen lake land speed racing, go carts, 6 wheelers, trikes, buses, Goodguys, Great Race, hail prevention, getting unstuck, hydroplanes, Harleys, heaters, louvers, belly pans, Pullman palace cars, hub caps, Hot Wheels, charities, infographics, IROC, low riders, jalopies, judas planes, car clubs, steam pumpers, Baja racing, lace paint, laws, Roman Empire road construction, chariots, luggage, Maltese buses, McKeen motor cars, dune buggies, mini bikes, Mobil Economy Run, motor wheels, music videos, NASA, Numbus, Offys, Millers, Ormand Beach racing, overdrive, bumper stickers, flying trucks, legendary race cars known by name, like Mephistopheles and the Beast of Turin, Smokey Yunick tricks, part stores, cars photoshopped into vans, Pixar, poetry, 70s vans, zoomies vs weed burners, postal delivery, coke trucks, bumper cars, Pure Oil Race Stoppers, Morgans, race tracks, board racers, racing stripes, drag racing timing systems like Chrondek, tools, pit rows, Linda Vaughn and Hurst, rail road stations, rickshaws, AMBR and Ridler award winners, paint companies, Ron Berry, Rube Goldberg machines, rumble seats, sampans, sand drags, scrap drives, underwater finds, Shell, skiing rope motors, sign painting, slicks, Tucker Sno Cats, legendary racing teams, steam powered cars, air race planes, Stone Woods and Cook Willys, Daytona Bike Week, magazine subscription renewal advice, moto cross, tachs, Team Sprite, quail rigs, tool boxes, Turbonique, Evel Knievel, typewriter transmissions, unilugs, sidecars, velodromes, Warshawsky catalogs, wheelstanders, racing schools, Gene Winfield, swap meets, and zambonis

And you're still reading?

So, it's not the time for me to retire? 

Then I must be doing something right, and you must have some favorites from the past 16 years, or, accurately, 15 years, 10 months 3 weeks. 

I would get a kick out of reading a note from you mentioning what one or two posts, or photographers, artists, cars, news items, etc, whatever it was that stuck out as the reason you decided to come and look to see what ever I've done recently. 

32 comments:

  1. Jesse, thank you for your service to keep us gearheads entertained! Your blog is one of the most underrated, secret gem for car enthusiasts on the internet! I wish you all the best! Best regards from Hungary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shhhhh! Keep it a secret! I don't want to have to turn down job offers where I get paid to do this, and travel expenses are covered, to Goodwood, Bonneville, Pendine, Lake Gairdner, F1 racing at Monaco, museums, airplanes, tanks, etc... so, keep it hush hush!
      I especially don't want to get just slightly well known, have money in the bank, and attract a fantastic woman who will fall in love with me because I get paid to do this blogging thing. Heck, no one wants me to have it ALL! LOL, HA!
      And thank you!

      Delete
    2. I know the feeling. ;-) After 16 years of die-cast blogging, Mattel Hungary does not even put me to their PR newsletter.

      Delete
  2. Jesse, it's the variety of your posts that keep people logging in.....(well, what did he find today?) I'm finding it impossible to point out 1 or 2 posts, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Are you sure 1 or 2 didn't really make you happy to see them?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for keeping this space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, thank you for enjoying and reading along!

      Delete
  4. Variety. No one does it better. Thanks for taking the time to keep us entertained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww shucks. No one gets such nice compliments! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. The reason I always return to this blog is the variety of posts, stretching from cars, trains, airplanes and everything possible on wheels! Always fun to visit and to see what you have dug up. Every now and them is it fun to read your rants, even though Im not always agreeing with you but hey it is your blog! I learn a lot and no..it is not time for you to retire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, then I guess I'm doing ok, and you don't seem to be offended or resent my occasional rant. I guess it might not be time to retire, but I can assure you it's getting really close, but not until after SEMA

      Delete
  6. Jesse,
    Your varied but mostly car related interests draw me back each day to see what new to us stuff you have found. You consistently prove that images with female figures are not needed to draw an your audience. I applaud your efforts and am grateful to have a blog that I can open without reservations in front of my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Pardon me for not responding sooner, your comment was mishandled by the filter, and was labeled Spam, and I only look through that every couple months as it rarely makes this mistake.
      I am glad you're getting a kick out of the variety!
      Yup, grandson safe, though, HA! I bet they'd love to see some pretty women.

      Delete
  7. Jesse,
    Your varied but mostly car related interests draw me back each day to see what new to us stuff you have found. You consistently prove that images with female figures are not needed to draw an your audience. I applaud your efforts and am grateful to have a blog that I can open without reservations in front of my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even my Tumblr of the most beautiful women wouldn't give you reservations to show your grandsons https://isonlyskindeep.tumblr.com/

      Delete
  8. I think the first post I saw on here was about a Model T collector/hoarder, probably about 10 years ago. JACG is what I usually read when I'm eating lunch at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you've been here for the best of it then! I think about 2011 was when I got to posting more, about twice as much, as before, and with a lot more in depth researched posts, and started using the tag system. I'm happy it's been worth your time to keep coming back!

      Delete
  9. Still trying to figure out how to eat soup with a fork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the trick is to hold the forky part, and use the handle part to get the most soup to your mouth with. Most forks have a flat handle area, a lot like a flat spoon. Well, you know, only if you absolutely must eat it with a fork. I admit, I would rather lay down the utensils and tip the bowl to my mouth instead. So satisfying.
      You ought to blog though

      Delete
  10. Keep it going. I check this site twice a day. Great Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pointing out a few posts is isn't easy, with so much good stuff to choose from. Perhaps the posts about particularly beautiful paint jobs or custom outboard engines? The airplanes and the vintage racing boats? I'm not even into stuff that sail or floats, but somehow you manage to make it interesting anyway.

    Me being one putting in A LOT of hours editing a club magazine, I know what the work you do entails. So me being impressed and thankful should count at least as much as any four of your other fans combined.

    You're saving my day, morning after morning, and while I know you at some point will call it quits, by then I'll just be glad that I lived at the same time David Bowie lived and just A Car Guy existed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww... did you ever hear the story of how David Bowie in an apartment in West Germany, above a service garage, with his kids ukulele, strummed a little bit, told Iggy Pop, call that Lust For Life and you've got a kit? True story.
      So thank you! Yup, you sure do know the hours and research it takes to keep a thing like this going.
      Well, I'll leave you with the reminder of the kid zipping down the sidewalk in some homemade cart, powered by an old outboard! I've found so much crazy stuff.

      Delete
  12. I might not check in every day, but when I do, I spend hours reading and learning from your articles. Being in the automotive field all of my life (third generation mechanic), everything wit wheels or engines has my interest. I don't have a favorite post, but have a favorite Blogger. Jesse.

    Everything has interesting content and I try to promote your blog every time I can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The variety is why I come back. There are just as many posts that I don't find interesting as there are ones I like. But your wide ranges of "things with wheels" keeps me coming back for those AWESOME things I do find; ya' know, after you found them for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then I must be doing something right! I'm glad it's been worth your time to keep coming back and seeing what's new!

      Delete
  14. I think the hot rod and racing history is what brought me here originally. I liked your walk around the neighborhood posts also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! The walk abouts will resume as soon as the temp drops under 75

      Delete
  15. I'm delighted with your content. I don't often comment but it's usually because I don't have much to add here. If you continue to post, I'll continue to make your blog a daily stop.
    Thank you for your excellent blog.
    My favorite posts are the muscle cars, especially found in barns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!
      You can always see all the barnfinds in the archives by using the tag system on the right hand side of the blog, here's the link https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/search/label/barn%20find

      Delete
  16. One of my happy days was the day that I found your blog. Love it! Wishing you good health and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete