Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Best compliment of the month, and honorable mention from Thom Taylor in Hot Rod Magazine


OK, he did mistake this blogspot.com for a .com but that can be taken as a compliment too... I mean, anyone thinking that my content quality and quantity are easily mistaken for a website (.com) and overlook that this is a "made in the garage" blog, in my spare time, are welcome to just enjoy it and possibly think it's a professionally made, full time, team effort.

That would be fine. It's just me after work, and on weekends.

I'm so stoked!

It's far out that such a recognized Hot Rod authority (Hot Rod and Grand National Roadster Show Halls of Fame) and person of impeccable taste likes my site enough to give it an honorable mention in the icon of hot rodding publications. And if anyone looks up Justacarguy.com on Google they'll find this blogspot.com and enjoy

If you haven't run across Thom Taylor's name and reputation in the past, here is a quick  bio after this link http://dev.motorburg.com/?page_id=128
Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, and taught there later in life. He has designed at least 4 of the America's Most Beautiful Roadster winners, and at least one Ridler award winner

If you are new to looking at my site, I hope you enjoy browsing, and if there is something particular you are looking for, then go through the 1000 to 1100 tags running alphabetically down the right hand side of this site to the word for what you are interested in, click on it, and hang on for the ride.


I recommend that if you just have a couple minutes, you've come to the right place. Look at http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/best-of-archives.html
and http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2012/01/best-posts-my-favorite-stories-from.html for the posts that I think are the most interesting of all the 10300 I've made.

Or for a lot of humor, about 809 posts of funny stuff  http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/search/label/humor

Signing off with, thank you Thom!

13 comments:

  1. Great! You can get a .com and have your blogger go right to that url. That way you are still using blogger, but don't have the blogspot address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jesse! I finally caught up on my most recent HotRod Magazine and nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw your site posted in there! Well done! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy! Caught us both by surpise! You had a cooler first glance though, I got an email from a reader that let me know.. man, I would have popped if I'd just casually been reading through and looking to see if they had mentioned my website, I've been hoping! What a solid ego boost!

      Delete
  3. what a great article and i love your blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I found you. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congats Jessie. I love this site. You post the coolest shit. I tune in a least once a day and there is always something new.Ive been watching for 2 yrs now everyday ,cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying what I post! DO you have a favorite post from the last year or so? Something that sticks out from the rest?

      Delete
  6. Same here, Jess. Always worth stopping in, usually a couple of times a day. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I do what I can in the short time available, and hope I'll get hired someday to do this fulltime and then have some seriously in depth researched articles, destination car events, lots of museums etc

      Delete
  7. Congrats Jesse! A well deserved honor!!
    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete