Classic Remise is not a museum, but instead a place where collectors and vintage car owners store their treasures and occasionally take them out for a ride. These enthusiasts share their interests with visitors as they traverse the visitor’s corridors and halls.
The building was constructed between 1899-1901 and until 1964, it was the biggest tram depot in Europe. After the Berlin Wall was constructed, the trams were no longer used in West Berlin and the depot was abandoned.
Investors saw the potential in the building and bought the premises for renovation in 2002. Classic Remise opened in the historical building in 2003 and is now a listed landmark.