Friday, March 05, 2021

Compliment of the day (Thanks RLK!)

I would like to express my appreciation for the work you put into Just a Car Guy. Like thousands of others I’m sure, I find the time I spend here very satisfying and well spent. 

What I find particularly pleasing is the political/cultural perspective that tends to sneak through on occasion...and the other times as well when it appears with all the grace of a charging rhino. Your response to “Smithhere” comes to mind. “Right to the point,” as Kasper Gutman (Sidney Greenstreet, 1941 version of “The Maltese Falcon”) would say. Or, “Here’s to plain speaking and clear understanding,” as he toasts Sam Spade (Bogie, same film).

 You sir, have cultivated the concept into an art form, one the likes of HL Mencken surely would have embraced had his editors been more understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment