Tuesday, June 06, 2023

today, the 6th of June, is D Day.... and the Convoy lyric about CB radio


Nothing in common with the humor below, except the calendar

It was the dark of the moon
 On the sixth of June
 In a Kenworth, pullin' logs
 Cabover Pete with a reefer on
 And a Jimmy haulin' hogs
 We was headin' for bear On 'I-1-0
 'Bout a mile out Shakey Town
 I says, Pig Pen this here's the Rubber Duck
 And I'm about to put the hammer down

(it didn't make much sense to me to make two posts, and neither doing anything more than this reminder of what today historically is.... 1944, and 1975

2 comments:

  1. You know Jesse, Convoy is a great example of how American pop culture have huge impact on the World. It was first shown here in Hungary in December 1979. In days became a huge hit and movie theaters are filled with people, because that was the first movie shown in the communist era with open opposition towards the authorities without general and merciless retorsion. (I mean retorsion for all the rebellious people - all truck drivers -, not just for the leader - Rubber Duck in this case.) For many-many people was an example of freedom. Also a good example for how dumb the communist censorship was. So for my parents' generation and for the older generations was a movie about freedom. For me - I was 7 years old at that time, Convoy was rated to 16 or maybe 18, saw the movie years later - it was a great movie about trucks, flying police cars and action. One of the reasons I turned my attention to trucks as a die-cast collector. I understood what it meant to my parents in my early twenties. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thank you! I didn't know about that. What an unexpected effect... Mind if I share that as a separate post? Would you like to write it as a history lesson for the other readers? Or leave it as it is?

      Delete