Wednesday, June 07, 2023

news about upgrading my car

 Discount Tire has a 5% military discount... and that is something I don't remember about them, I've been a customer for about 2 decades. 

Maybe they always have, I don't remember. I like them anyway.

So, I am surprised to learn that they carry Falken competition tires, and they can be ordered online, and picked up weeks later when you're ready to get them


PST, really is not allowing us to contact them. 

They do not answer the phone, you can leave a voice mail, they'll call you back. 

They do not have an email you can use to talk to them. You fill in a form, online, they'll get back to you. 

4 comments:

  1. What wheels did you decide to buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go with something I didn't research much, because my heart was set on Torq Thrust D. Those aren't made in 18". I must go 18" for tire availability in sticky racing variety, and to clear the new 14" disc brakes it's getting.
      So I made a fast decision to go with the tires David uses on his 70 Super Bee, as the dimensions are the same for everything. He's got the QA1 front end, and the 70 Bee has the same size fenders, so his choice of tire and rim will clear all the hardware around it.
      you can see his car and rims, and brakes, at https://www.facebook.com/david.kruk.1

      Delete
  2. Torq Thrusts would have looked really good, but the wheels on David's Bee look good. IIRC, your RT is a lighter shade of yellow, but it should have a similar look to his car.

    With the upgraded suspension, brakes and tires, your car is going to feel nothing like it did when it was stock. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and because my car was yellow and black from the factory, its nice to keep it that way.
      Right! It's going to be as good as a low priced sports car at least... won't have ABS brakes, but those rarely come into play. I can now opt for really fast usage brake pads that grab better, and much stickier tires than most commuters, so the braking will be uncommonly good. Since it's not a car I drive much (that's going to increase a lot now that it's going to be reliable, and with new tires, and without the exhaust leaking out the rusted out header) I can go hard on tires and brake pads and use them up INSTEAD of them aging out of useful life, the way my tires have been in the past 20 years...

      Delete