Friday, June 09, 2023

I was realizing this morning that a whole week had passed without me hearing of a train derailing (unlike last months ridiculous every other day derailment) but then? This hit the news


“BNSF Railway can confirm that at approximately 11:20 pm on June 7th, approximately 20 automobile cars derailed in Williams, AZ



I'll guess that from this photo of the wreck happening in front of a house, and junkyard, the cause of the derailment was the people at the house, or the junkyard, but you know, I could just be clairvoyant like that

3 comments:

  1. OUCH! More vehicles that are now classified "Damaged In Transit." Sometimes they can be repaired and sent to auction where dealers buy them as used. The term "battered" is not used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the bottom photo, you can see that a siding had recently been abandoned - look at the row of loose RR ties. I suspect a switch was in the wrong position. Maybe local kids but maybe careless RR workers.

    Don in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being from Downunder,I am amazed at seeing timber ties("sleepers", down here) and well aged at that.All concrete here,to my knowledge. Maybe timber still on the heritage railroads,not in full commercial use.

    ReplyDelete