Sunday, June 19, 2022

it's been over a year, since last May, when I began the frustrating process of pushing the Hyundai dealership warranty process to discover where my car's engine was losing between 1 and 2 quarts of oil per 1000 miles

one year, one month, and one week later, after 4 or 5 trips to the dealership to pursue the oil consumption testing regime, it was FINALLY solved when by happy accident, the valve cover gasket was replaced incidentally to taking apart the head to look for cracks, or some such idiocy... when I had INSISTED that the mechanics look for a fucking leaky gasket!


Well, there it is, I fucking called it. It took this long, and 2 car rentals, that cost ME about $250 total, over the course of 4 or 5 wasted stops at the dealership for them to measure how much oil my engine was losing, etc etc 

Tell me again how logical, and cheap, it is to take the valve cover off, inspect the gasket, and look for evidence of 5 or 6 quarts of oil that have been leaking or burning on the outside of the engine block



was I rough on them? Or, did they earn every word by being incompetent? 

2 comments:

  1. Can't help to think the gasket would be obvious leaking that much, as well as smell like a refinery under there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!! Unload on those idiots. We are car owner's try to lend our trust in the people who work for name brand products. I would shake that flagpole - slow and steady. I can only image how much time you devote to this so I would schedule a block of time daily to be a PITA to them.
    YES, they have earned it. Do a good job and you tell a few people, do a bad job and tell EVERYONE.

    ReplyDelete