Tuesday, March 29, 2022

having $2 million dollars of cocaine seized by police during traffic stop, is not a rare occurrence, it even seems to be common if you google it


Chicago in 2011

Terra Haute Indians in 2022

Byron Bay near Sydney Australia in 2021

and last week in Arizona 

I bet there are a crazy amount of drug seizures that would show up if you decide what drug and how much in dollar amounts. 

I was simply trying to find the recent news article I'd read a couple days ago, about the Arizona roadside "inspection" bust, when I learned of these other seizures. I wonder just about how much cocaine gets seized every year in the USA by police, and how much doesn't

2 comments:

  1. cars or boats too!
    https://stthomassource.com/content/2022/03/29/two-men-aboard-lights-out-vessel-jettison-79-kilos-of-cocaine-during-boat-chase-near-savanah-island-st-thomas/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that when these busts happen it is usually a brand new vehicle and it is speeding. The I70 drug taskforce once put out a Drug Checkpoint ahead sign on I70 just east of Abilene and would check cars exiting on Jeep road. And caught a drug smuggler in a new pickup.

    ReplyDelete