Sunday, August 27, 2017

Fyi, Google is having glitches with this Blog framework

It's not allowing me to respond to, or make my own comments.

I have no idea if the people at Google know, or are working on fixing that.

Since the "blog" software is about 12-14 years old, and my blog started in 2006, there have been some minor problems that have never been fixed, and now, this is another one.

If the whole damn thing gets dumped by Google, there isn't anything I can do about it.

I'll probably just switch to posting everything on http://justacarguy.tumblr.com/  or https://www.facebook.com/Justacarguyblog/  neither one have the same features like tags, and putting images between paragraphs... and that's why I've never used them much

But planning ahead means thinking about what to do when Google either stops maintaining the "blog" website structure and software, or pulls the plug on it.  

1 comment:

  1. It may make sense to go export your blog to XML to have as a backup should Blogger 'lose' your blog. There used to be/may still be a way to have Wordpress automatgically import Blogger postings real-time, so you'd have a live backup. Been a couple years since I ran one, so not sure if that's still an option, but may be worth looking into. Also, images uploaded to Tumblr live after the blog is gone, images posted to Blogger usually disappear.

    But good you're thinking about it; I've lost blogs as have friends, and Google really doesn't care or help.

    ReplyDelete