Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Why are Porsches all 900 series cars? 911, 914, 928, etc etc... until I saw this 718 tonight, I didn't know that Porsche used any other number series after the 356s and 550


I had no idea that they had used the 718 series numbers back in the 50s and 60s, 57- 62.

The Porsche 982 is the internal designation of the fourth generation Boxster/Cayman (third generation Cayman) made by German automobile manufacturer Porsche.

 With the switch to a new turbocharged flat-four engine the marketing name for the models was changed to Porsche 718, in reference to the 718, which won the Targa Florio race in 1959 and 1960. The name is meant to evoke Porsche's past racing successes with light cars like the 718 that outmaneuvered competitors with larger and more powerful engines

And for gods sake, don't fill me in on all the models and numbers I've forgotten. Hell, if I wanted to learn everything Porsche, I could look it up. I AM sitting in front of my laptop. I just don't have the time or inclination to do more than post a few notes, and show my surprise that I learned a bit about Porsches that I didn't know of. Like I said, I've forgotten so damn much, that I just don't have the time right this moment to look it all up and refresh my memory on it, and I'd rather no one took and wasted their time, and mine, on telling me how much I've left out of this post. Ok? Cool? Just enjoy what you can, and then move along with out criticism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment