Tuesday, June 14, 2022

seen on tonight's walk

 





I learned today that Fairlanes have a different badge each year, and so, I expect the Torinos did too. 

But, does anyone know (let me know in the comments) what the 3 different things mean? Lions, checkerboard pattern, and a crown? Winning and royalty? 


I get a kick out of seeing what stickers are in windshields

I don't remember ever seeing a scratch shield around a trunk keyhole before


and the coolest thing I saw on today's walk, this Fairlane!

I was lucky to meet the owners who were enjoying the evening outdoors, as we don't have flies, and it was 72 degrees with a slight breeze. 

The car was in the neighborhood for years, as it's owner wanted to pass it down to her daughter. Obviously, that didn't happen, because - of course, young people don't want old cars, that are run down, in need of rebuilt power trains, and of course, they don't have the creature comforts of the modern cars. 

But, that's what resulted in this car finally, after 3 years of being asked about, by Charlie, I think he told me his name is, being sold. Charlie had asked the woman to sell it to him for 3 years, every time he walked by it, just blocks from his house. The woman had refused for those years, thinking that her daughter was going to enjoy it as much as she must have. I think she must have had a great time, with many friends, for many years, and figured that her daughter would to. It even has AC! 

But, kids these days, right? 

Well, anyway, finally Charlie (I hope I got his name right) was able to give the car a new home, and restore it (really well done too!) so he and his wife could have a cool cruiser for car shows. They had it painted, had the power train rebuilt, with a 4 barrel replacing the 2 barrel, and a little bigger cam, dual exhaust, got some trim pieces, redid the dash pad, rebuilt the AC, and added this cool FM radio adapter that is a NIB piece. 




I love the cool little aftermarket radio stuff people do to their cars, like under dash cassette players, 8 tracks, ac units, etc... especially when they get period correct stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment