Sunday, May 24, 2020

Quick good news bulletin, if you have Ancestry.com, there is a free 2 day access to Fold3... these are military newspapers, draft registration, etc from WW1, WW2, Korean, and Vietnam. I've wanted to look through this for years for Jack Kelloggs "Ink Squirts" (the artist of Tarawa B25s) (Here's to Memorial Day, and WW2 vets)


ever since I discovered the nose art that Sea Bee Jack Kellogg did on B25s on Tarawa, was derived from his cartoon characters he drew in the base news paper for the Seabees newspaper, called 98th C.B.'s Seabreeze, I wanted to see the cartoons in the news paper.

Because not only was I also in the Navy, the the Pacific, I dig artists and art - and bomber nose art! So after learning of Jack Kellogg's art, I wanted to share his talented cartoons with you too, and also be able to put this on my Comic Con press pass application the next time I apply, as it's a culmination of my focus on cartoonists, military, bomber nose art, and newspaper cartoon strip art, like Calvin and Hobbes and other comic strips like Zits. Being the only blogger to GET these cartoons online, that's a coup in my opinion. That's EARNING my way to a press pass for Comic Con

And hopefully, respect for going above and beyond to bring you readers an amazing unique WW2 military post on Memorial day































 


https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-ink-squirts-by-jack-kellogg-simply.html

I've wanted to post these comics for 3 years! Finally, Jack Kellogg's Ink Squirts get some online publicity and easy access for everyone

4 comments:

  1. Thank you,this is great.Lest we forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a post! Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tribute and a great find -thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jesse, great post.

    ReplyDelete