Thursday, September 13, 2018

I am very very happy with this heat shield over my car


the breeze hasn't picked up enough to worry me yet, in a month.

The heat wave hasn't returned yet for a full brain melting test of how much cooler the inside of the car is with this on vs how hot it gets without it, but the last time I measured the temp inside it was around 125 to 130

But, I am very pleased to get into my car at lunch time, when it's 80-85 outside, and the seats are still cold to the touch from when it was 65 on the way to work.


as the photos show, there are loops you can choose from to tie on the bungee cords and hooks, which are soft wires covered in a rubber tube, that bend easy into a hook shape so they catch on the wheel wells.


above you might notice the velcro that goes under the side mirrors


and it comes with three of these little blue velcro pieces, and I cut a little hole so they can attach around the wiper arms


Update, July 2020:
and it lasts about 3 years. The metallic covering layer is finally wearing out. Rolling and unrolling it to take it off, and put it on, and store it in the cargo area are finally wearing it out.

I still recommend it. Good accessory to have. 

It was made by Reflectionite, who I found at SEMA in 2010, but it looks like they are out of business https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2010/11/couple-of-small-businesses-that-brought.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment