Friday, February 17, 2023

it's time to finally replace the 54 year old radiator in my garage Dodge


step one, get the stuff off the hood! 


The radiator is last years income tax return... 
But the headers? Those are the combined tips from all of you, so I say - THANK YOU!

Thank you Brendon, Kim S, Greg S, Jeff J, Mark R, Chuck B, Andrew P, John A, Robert C, Dale B, Ray L, Daniel P, Ed G, Cassie E, William S, Tim M, Harold M, Tom M, Mark P, William M, and Benjamin F 


step 2, remove the original fan shroud 


I had no idea it was a real Mopar piece, I don't think I've seen real Mopar fan shroud on a 69 B body


and step 3, remove the fan - which I was very surprised is a Flex-a-lite plastic unit


So, that was last Saturday, before I ran out of sunlight, and the temps dropped fast to 50


years ago I moved the horns out of the engine bay, to clear it out and free up the space


here's where they used to be, and they are still fastened to the radiator support using the same nuts welded to the support

So, that's how far I got last weekend, in about an hour - it was nearly sunset when I got there.
I didn't expect to get the radiator swapped out, and was in no hurry, and when the sun went down, it was a great time to cut out and grab a burrito. Then get back to blogging, of course. 

If Saturday warms up to the low 60s, I'll get back to it, and probably finish this radiator replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment