Friday, January 01, 2021

December is over, and so is my trend of banners with snowed in cars and trucks. It seemed like a new thing to do. So, here are the December banners, and now it's back to the variety of whatever comes along























and I wanted to make a post with just these, but I guess it's better to leave them in the sum of the month of banners, just separated at the end so you can enjoy them together






because it's more profound that the way people once could enjoy vehicles has changed, and disappeared, and the social construct of what police would ignore has changed. 

Yes, wheeled vehicles have evolved to where they scamper up Iceland cliffs, across water at incredible high speeds, can drive over 200 mph from the big 3 manufacturers, and can be used as ATVs, rock crawlers are better than ever at getting over rockslides and purpose built 4x4s made of welded cages are unreal at charging up steep wooded hills. 

But the Norman Rockwell idyllic era of small town skiers and sledders being pulled by model Ts has ended forever. Cops can't allow that anymore. Damn shame.  So I figured I'd make a special area of the banner post for them

3 comments:

  1. In Sweden they have moved on, and drag sleds behind a Saab Viggen fighter jet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRt0PehiYQ&ab_channel=RT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longer version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC2HeXNmsuE&ab_channel=obamaallah4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can still remember the smell of exhaust,
    the thrill of stalking the vehicle,
    the wild ride down the street,as far as we dared.
    Mittens frozen to back bumpers.
    Cannot thank you enough for saving(some of)my mental health!
    Stunning banners,research,etc.
    You have a gift,and when I can,I will do my best to encourage you more.
    Until then,please consider me as one of your loyal admirers.
    Thank you for every single effort you make for us.
    Have a Happy,Healthy New Year.You,and every one you know.

    ReplyDelete