Friday, January 01, 2021

what neat old stuff is on the shelves in your garage?



I was curious to compare the rpm the rev limiter on the MSD electronic ignition engages at, with a tachometer, so I went looking at the neat old stuff on the shelf of car guy garage tools. 

Seems neither of these is going to get the job done, as I would need a tach that goes to 8000 rpm. Not that I'm going to test my engines ability to withstand 8000 rpm, but these are only good for up to 3000 and 8000 rpm. That's not going to get me where I need to go

But it does make for an interesting post about the neat stuff us car guys have held onto, and stored in our garages. After all, once you have something, it costs nothing to store it, but it takes a lot of effort to sell it for a good price, or find a good home for it with someone who will appreciate it and keep it, not just look at it as something they can sell to make some fast cash. 

And it motivates me to ask you guys, what's the cool car guy stuff you have in your garage? 

6 comments:

  1. I think I might have one of those Dual Tach Dwell-Points Tester in my pile of stuff in my garage. Not sure if it's RAC product though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email some photos! jbohjkl@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. Nothing special. The oldest tool I believe I have is a hand drill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Points files and Filko distributor cam grease...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old Model T era jack on a shelf in my garage, with a few old tools I have picked up over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, email some photos! jbohjkl@yahoo.com

      Delete