Wednesday, December 30, 2020

ever heard of the Ford Ghia Grenada? (thanks Martin D!)

 

the original Granada is a smart-looking sedan with a big chrome-plated grille flanked by round headlights, and a decent-sized chrome bumper. The sportier two-door variant featured those opera windows, deluxe wheel covers (hub caps), and all versions sported tri-colored rectangular taillights. In 1976, the upscale budget car was available as a two- or four-door sedan, as well as more "elegant" two- or four-door Granada Ghia variants.

The Ford Granada came with a base 250cu in or the optional 255 or 302

Later Ghia and European Sports Sedan (ESS) variants could get a 5.0 and a 4 spd manual 

4 comments:

  1. I have, as I lived not far from a Ford dealership and would pas the lot several times a week and see these on the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the commercial in the Automobilemag.com story, comparing the Granada to a Mercedes? They ran a lot of commercials and magazine ads at the time like that. My grandfather had a 4-door Granada that was passed down to my sister. From what I remember, it wasn't much like a Mercedes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some marketing yutz decided that if they could get strong favorable publicity by doing the Ferrari GTO compared to the Pontiac GTO, then how could they go wrong with a Mercedes vs Ford?
      I read about it, I'd never heard of any of it before, but doing some reading before I posted about it got me caught up on that nonsense.

      Delete
  3. We use to hate to see these cars come into the gas station, they took forever to fill up, and would always splash back gas at you.

    ReplyDelete