Saturday, December 12, 2020

well friends, it has not been a good day. In fact, 2020 just took a roundhouse swing followed up by kicking me when I was down. So, let me pass along a lesson learned, maybe you can spare yourself the same grief

 I forgot to lock my car last night.

so someone either walking their dog as a cover for cruising the neighborhoods while checking for unlocked cars, or someone who lives nearby, decided to help themselves to my stuff. They even opened the hatchback and grabbed my toolbag... that's because I brought it over to a friends to help them with some work, and forgot to take it out of my car for the last couple of days. 

and then last night when bringing in two bags of stuff, I forgot to lock my car. 


But wait, that's not all. That was the roundhouse punch, then there was the damn kick when I was down.

I decided, this day has sucked, I need a little pick me up, so I went to In n Out to get a double double. Paid for it, and was number 90. 

Then sat waiting for them to call my number. They didn't. They lost my damn order "tab" I think he called it. 

The guy was nice, you know, when I walked over and asked if they were ever going to call number 90.... he instantly made me one. But still... 15 minutes of waiting, cause you never know what the reason is that they don't always call the orders out in numerical order. So when they called number 97, I got suspicious that something was up. 

So, I hope you lock your stuff up and no one steals from you. I'll find out what the insurance company says... but after 4 minutes on the phone with the computer before getting through to a human, while an electrical storm was causing everything I tried to say to need to be repeated, I found out that the stuff stolen from your car gets a claim filed against your renters policy, if you have one, and I do, and not your car insurance. 

I'll soon find out just what Allstate is about, and if their slogan about being in good hands will Allstate means anything, or, if they only insure what you have receipts for, as few people have receipts for stuff, and some things were gifts, Hell, I have hundreds of books without receipts, hundreds of blu rays, hundreds of sockets, hundreds of cds, and hundreds of magazines, and hundreds of cassettes etc etc. If they only insure what I have a receipt for, I won't be needing much rental insurance anymore. 

3 comments:

  1. I engrave all my s**t (garage and house) and take pics of everything (and from all corners of each room).My State farm agent (NY) advised me to do that and so did my Belair Direct agent here in Montreal. Been told by both that avoids any problems with a claim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please, tell me how engraving it or photographing it would prevent my tools getting stolen from my car. Or my Go Pro, or my Rubix Cube

      Delete
  2. I'm going on 35 years owning a body shop and the only thing I can tell you from my experience is that insurance companies never loose. I do wish you good luck (for a change) getting something from them.

    ReplyDelete