Sunday, December 06, 2020

about 2 hours ago, I was performing an obligatory hood popping (That's the way I refer to the inevitable action with cool muscle cars, when it's a must that the hood be raised so people can either learn or appreciate, what's going on in the engine bay) when I discovered


that no one at 'JBA speed and performance' asked me, informed me, consulted me, or notified me that they felt it necessary to cut off part of my 440 six pack air filter base


That makes me angry. 

Because that was MY rare old high perf factory original car part. 

Now? It's not a 500-600 dollar rare part anymore

Some are more expensive. I am not kidding.  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Six-Pack+Air+Cleaner+Base&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=440+Six-Pack+Air+Cleaner+Base

So, here I though I was only going to see what was broken in my drivers side window mechanism, but instead, I find that my air filter base was cut on without anyone asking me if I was going to authorize that permanent damage to it. 

If it had been carefully bent up instead? It could have been bent back down. 

But I wasn't asked. So, JBA, there's another reason to wonder what the fuck is going on. Oh yay, another reason to stop in and complain about what was done... in case you missed it, they closed my hood a couple inches past where the hood came into contact with a wingnut on top of the positive battery cable clamp, and also broke the drivers side window mechanism. 

It worked fine when I brought the car in for an ignition upgrade, but it won't roll the window up and down anymore. 








I promise you I have never kicked the shop dog, insulted anyone's wife or mother, or commited any act of heinous atrocious nature that would result in anyone at JBA having a grudge against me that I know of. 

I have posted about 2 dozen times what a cool place it is, over the course of 12 years. The place is even on my list of recommended shops

So why couldn't they call me to ask about replacing my battery? OR cutting my rare air filter base? 

Do you see how it's nothing more than calling to ask your car owning customer if they will have something in mind, or will authorize the damage to a rare, expensive, factory part?


10 comments:

  1. I would be very upset also,especially over the air cleaner base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this just keeps getting worse and more unbelievable. Sounds like a shop to avoid.

    I hope you can get them to make everything right again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. So far it's been all talk, complete spin zone. Lots of apology, nothing that looks like action. Since up until this the issues were what went wrong, but didn't break the hood, though they did break the window, but it can't quite be proven as it's a 50 year old car..... they simply haven't taken responsibility for fucking up and not being in communication with me, the customer, when they went ahead and flipped in a new oversize battery, told me here's a buddy discount of 850 to install when they never gave me one when saying here's what you'll pay to get your car back - and charging me for the install a coil they didn't install, not installing the insulation boots until after they said the car was ready for pick up.
      None of that damaged the car.
      But this? This is wrecking a rare factory option part, instead of asking me, do you want it cut, bent, removed?
      Would you like a different distributor?
      No, no one called to ask me anything about this install.
      They simply told me drop off, pick up, and pay

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. what is FFS? and 1974 shocks? WHOA!

      Delete
    2. FFS is a very crude vulgarity Jesse. Suffice to say it's an expletive that is at once disapproval and disbelief. That said, it is pretty damned amazing that JBA has done you a great injustice to your property, and had NO RIGHT to assume the work they did with CONSILTATION!!! That's just BULLSHIT! These folks seem to forget you have a very influential tool at your disposal. This blog. I would remind them that you have been a customer for some time now and never rally had any issues with them until now. Make it right gentlemen. Make it right.

      Delete
  4. FFS = For F***"s Sake

    It would be bad enough if a normal repair shop did these things to someone's daily driver. A speed shop should be used to working on people's collectible and specialty cars. Those owners take pride in their cars and know everything about them. They aren't going to overlook damage or modification to original parts without their consent.

    I hope at the least that whoever worked on your car gets some education so they don't do the same type of damage to anyone else's car. At best, I hope you get some satisfaction from the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry this happened. I hate it when crap like this ruins your mood for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!
      It certainly ruins your view of people, and reminds you that greed and incompetence are often colluding with Murphys law

      Delete
  6. This is why (personally) you should NEVER take a classic Mopar(specifically) to a shop that doesn't specialize in Mopars! I don't know what it is about speed shops that primarily do Chevy/Ford cars, when they get around Mopars their mechanical 'senses' leave them.. If it was a LS 5 or 6 air base from an SS Chevelle, bet they would have called... I would have them purchase you a NOS/nice used base.

    ReplyDelete