Sunday, December 06, 2020

I found my old swaybar in the garage, and it had the swaybay front end links still on it, so today I made time and swapped them onto my car, because the ones on it were wasted, and the bolts were not right

those rubber pieces (above, along the bolt0 are ones I bought from PST back in 1995 and installed on my 69 Super Bee, and they are still in great shape! 

I took the sway bar off my Bee when I upgraded to my R/T back in 2002, and must have done it in case the R/T needed a sway bar, or the polygraphite pieces. 

You can see that the two bolts don't even match, and the bottom one was bent on the threaded end, so I had to sawzall about an inch off so I could get the nut off the bolt. 

The top bolt isn't even correct.

you can see that the rubber donuts are mostly smashed all to hell, and not good for anything anymore.

If you want the hardware, let me know. Maybe someone out there can use the center sleeve or washers.

Also, the sway bar, want it? Let me know. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't need a spare, and it's possibly a good piece of garage wall art, but if someone needs it they can have it for the cost of shipping. It fits 1969 B Bodies 

https://p-s-t.com/c-1176072-suspension-suspension-components-polygraphite-bushings.html

So, I'm letting you know, this company deserves the respect it's long lasting - time tested parts are earning it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment