Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Rant part 2, a carry over from yesterdays rant about telling me I've made a spelling error. Well, Dennis woke me up to a very annoying thing that commentors do, send me links to other sites about things I've already covered.

Dennis pointed out (quite astonishingly) that a design artwork I posted yesterday was the Norseman (sank and was lost with the Andrea Doria https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-chrysler-norseman-prototype-lost.html  )


Well, that's quite amazing that he could pick out what car it was from the one silhouette painting.
I wasn't paying attention to what cars these drawings became, I was doing a lot of blogging yesterday, last night, and today, and hadn't even gone back to look over the previous work for this week so far.

So, you know, golf clap for nailing that, I'm stunned that a car that rarely shows up in anything, as it was lost 63 years ago, was identified. Stunning actually. So, I'm amazed, I bet you readers are too

However, why must he commit the heinous act of sending me a link to some other website?  (wikipedia - because he seems to have believed I wouldn't know what the Norseman was)

I think that covered it quite well. Don't you? No need to be aggravating and send me a link to some other site. That's nearly an insult. Don't you think so? Rubbing my nose in the fact that you'd rather learn about something I've covered, from any other site but mine? Party foul.

While on that topic, I do believe just yesterday I pointed out something  https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2019/08/billy-o-caused-me-to-realize-something.html about letting me know what a wonk you think I am for committing a typo.

He is causing me to think it's either time for a new rule, or time to walk away from this blog if readers are going to ignore that I've already done a fine job of posting about something, and send me a reference from some other website.

I mean, what's it all been for? !! ? if you'd rather throw in my face that you look at Wikipedia for info that I've already covered?

Seriously? Show some decorum and etiquette sir! One ought not rub my nose in it.

So, my solution, is to ponder instituting a new rule... anyone that commits a faux pas like he just did (not the first time) should do so with a Frappachino from Starbucks. I'll simply believe that honorable gents such as all of you will have the grace to donate a 5 spot to the cause and I'll go get the delightful cold caffeinated and choclafied beverage to sooth the sting of the egregious affront.

Anyone thinking I'm being fair, and taking such an affront with a tall cold frappy is being a good guy, let me know. Anyone who thinks that requiring a chocolaty cold wonderful apology is too much? Let me know.

It's either going to cut down on the bullshit I have to read while moderating commentary, if people feel they'd rather not comment at all (hey, I do have some more blogging I'd rather do in many cases) or, it's going to keep me far more alert with good old frappys and the caffeine they deliver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment