Wednesday, June 08, 2022

my cell phone service provider, T Mobile, sent me a text offer for a free year of Apple Tv - of course I accepted. Now I'm watching Ewan McGregor's most recent international motorcycle ride, Long Way Up (2019)


I've only seen the first 2 episodes so far, to this moment, and I must say I'm shocked (but shouldn't be) how moved I am that the good people at Harley Davidson made two electric motorcycles for this movie, for Ewan and his buddy Charlie, that were prototypes, not adapted or customized production bikes.

I simply want to emphasis that the people at Harley did not do this during working hours, they VOLUNTEERED to build these on their own time! WOW! In about 12 weeks, they made 2 bikes, that would be traveling 12 thousand miles

Glenn, Steve, Rachel, Jim, and several other people I must apologize to for not getting their names, as it was only the people who spoke in the movie who had their names put on screen so we viewers could learn who they are. The credits at the end of the episode didn't list the team who built the bikes either. 

If and when I learn who is to be applauded and appreciated for the Harleys, I WILL of course come back to this post and add their names! 

But Rachel went to South America to be point on troubleshooting last minute emergency problems, and had a serious issue or two to overcome, far from normal supply and logistics help. So, kudos to Rachel! 

By the way, the 1st things I watched on Apple were the Tom Hanks movies that are exclusive to Apple, Finch, and Greyhound, and they were fantastic. They do NOT disappoint.
I had forgotten how little that Apple charges a month, 5 dollars. That's quite likely the least of all the streaming services, but to be fair, Apple probably has the least number of movies and tv series to watch. 

Darn thing is, it's content that is not, and will not, be available in any other way. I expect to watch this motorcycle adventure, and the dinosaur show, Prehistoric Planet, Mr Corman, Wolfwalkers (animated by that amazing company that did the other Celtic animated movie I loved so much The Secret of Kells), Little Voice, Invasion, Dickinson (I love her poetry the most, (you did see I have a poetry blog, didn't you? http://better-than-palgrave.blogspot.com ) and it's a comedy) See, and Foundation (I never did read the books, was glad to see they made a movie series of it!

I have hardly begun to look through the available shows, documentaries and movies, so, I'm not yet aware of what all there is to see on Apple Tv... but I hope there are great movies and documentaries, maybe even concerts

1 comment:

  1. That would take a lot of confidence from the folks at Harley and Ewan and his friend to ride such a long distance through remote areas on prototype motorcycles.

    ReplyDelete