Monday, June 06, 2022

Ever heard of the VIM truck? I hadn't, I'd only known of the VIM tires and promotional trike (Thanks Billy O! )



 Dry Goods Economist, Volume 70, Issues 3772-3782


I posted about VIM tires only twice, in 2011 https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/vim-tires-dont-slip.html




Vim Motor Truck, founded by Harold B. Larzelere in 1915, reportedly was building 13,000 trucks a year in Philiadelphia at one point, but the company did not survive long. 

Apparently, it was acquired by the Standard Steel Car Co. of Pittsburgh in 1921 and was shut down by 1923, when news reports surface of bankruptcy-related litigation.

Thank you Billy O! 

I've never seen lostannalsoftransport blog before now, it looks like he was blogging between  Aug 2013 and Feb 2014

Bill Cassidy (lostannalsoftransport blog) was Senior Editor, Trucking at the JOC, 
 He joined the publication in 2009, after 13 years at Traffic World magazine where he served as Executive Editor, Managing Editor and Associate Editor. 
He has been reporting on trucking since 1984, when he joined Fleet Owner magazine in New York.

2 comments:

  1. https://lostannalsoftransport.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/its-big-its-red-its-vim/

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to me, the old truck salesman. I guess I cannot sign up for a franchise.

    ReplyDelete