Thursday, March 24, 2022

Found on tonight's walk around the neighborhood, a couple surprises

 
I'm going to start with the surprises.... why with the current value of VW micro busses, is someone letting 2 of them rust away in the back yard? 


I found this one just a couple blocks away


I spotted a couple old Ford trucks... and by the way, there are NO new Ford trucks in this neighborhood, lots of Toyotas, no Chevys, no Dodges. There are only OLD Fords, older than 1985



See what I mean? I think this is an early 80s based on the hood shape. I could be wrong of course.



Incredible, within about 45 minutes, 3 people identified this as a DKW. Wow! Thanks!  I NEVER would have guessed DKW!



registration expired 2 years

10 comments:

  1. That's a DKW, one of the German companies that formed Auto Union, which evolved into Audi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what DKW is.... sheesh! I just haven't ever seen one of these. Wow, you POUNCED on this moments after I posted it!

      Delete
  2. The little orange furriner is either a DKW 3=6 or an Auto Union, which was a sort of deluxe version of the DKW. They were powered by 3 cylinder 2 strokes. Nicely finished and fun to drive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is german DKW 3=6 or Auto Union 1000, not sure which one because of lack of details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! There isn't any better of a view from the drivers side, which is blocked by a kayak. This side is also better lit by the evening sun. Also, I only photograph from the sidewalk or street... going into their parking area is against one of my rules. The other is no touching anyone's car without them saying it's ok

      Delete
  4. Hi Jesse, the DKW motor was used in the brazilian Malzoni GT and the first Puma GT

    ReplyDelete
  5. First Puma GT with DKW motor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWEXLkTlDoM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure nice to see old trucks that are not rotted out , here everything gets rusted after a few winters .

    ReplyDelete
  7. weird how overgrown everything is.
    keep up the pics, love seeing the oil iron in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete