Tuesday, March 22, 2022

found on tonight's walk around the neighborhood

 

remember when these were a big deal?


these Toyotas seem to last forever

in great shape, but the registration expired 6 months ago. Weird


remember in the 90s when a Maxima meant that someone was doing well financially?

And do you know how rare it is to find a car sinking into the ground in the city? 

but most astonishing to me, 

the only dead end alley I've found so far, and no one is using it to park their extra car, their RV, no home less are camping out in it... amazing. I'm guessing no one has even though to make their own garden there or place for kids to play... nothing. That's nuts. Any one could put a damn fence across this open end, and do what ever they wanted to inside there, and no one but the neighbors would ever give a damn. Maybe, not even them

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. coming up... looks like the Top Gear indestructible truck

      Delete
  2. The fire department might care about taking over the ally, but who knows.
    You must have a huge neighborhood to keep finding new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I covered University Heights, now I'm covering Normal Heights. You can see it on Google Maps, San Diego, between the 15 and the 163, north of University Ave to the edge of the valley. Then I'll do Kensington, Talmadge, and College West. Hardly a fraction of San Diego

      Delete
  3. Your doing a lot more than walking around the hood, you're canvasing the whole damn city one hood at a time.You'll need a shoe go-fund-me at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I am, each road and alleyway, grid pattern. I was in the Navy for 10 years, and 3 of those were as an MP... being on patrol, on watch, and on the look out (I was qualified lookout on two subs) isn't anything new.... and I've been a car nut for about 20 years, always looking in every driveway, every open garage, playing the game of "What's Under The Car Cover" is something I have been posting for about 15 years

      Delete
    2. Has anyone given you any trouble about taking pictures of their cars or looking on their property?

      Delete
    3. nope, and if anyone is stupid enough to, I have already come up with a reply... "Would you like to see how Google has already recorded this on satellite photography that anyone in the world can see? Or would it matter is anyone stood here and stared? No. What I'm taking a photo of, is public, and there is no arguing that anyone can see what I see"

      Delete