Thursday, March 25, 2021

So, Speedway Motors sent me an email, trying for some free publicity... and started with "From the beginning, Speedway Motors has sought after employees who "get it.""

 So I told them, 

then hire me. After all, I've proven I "get it" and if you're emailing me to get your press release about your employees, then you must consider my website something you admire.... or why ask me to showcase your company? 

Then you ought to consider hiring me to add content to a website for your company, obviously I'm good at it, or YOU wouldn't be emailing ME, and this also indicates your company doesn't have someone making good content for a website FOR you, and I don't do free publicity. 

If you want your marketing and publicity to get posted on my blog, because you want your employees to get some recognition where the type of people are stopping by to read the latest stuff I've come across, then you ought to hire me to work on your website. 

OR, why are you coming to me anyway?

people who "get it" are our kind of people. After all, we're inspiring confidence in customers whose interests span a century or more of automotive production.

And what am I posting about for the past 46,600 posts, if not the past century of automotive production? 

Then I said, just take a look at the compliments I've gotten, unsolicited.... I think you'll agree, people like what I'm doing. A lot of them. 

Seems to make sense to me. Speedway Motors wants a website people go to for car guy stuff, I want a company to pay me to make a website with great content.

What was the reply I got? 

"Thanks for the feedback. We would love to know more about your car and your involvement in the automotive hobby. In fact, we are in the midst of starting an influencer program. 

I’m not sure exactly what it will look like at this point or entail but if that’s something you would be interested in I would be happy to share your contact information with the team."

That doesn't seem very excited to have discovered a potential employee who "gets it". 

We'd love to know about your car... and your involvement with the hobby. 

Umm, you emailed me. Did you forget why you emailed me? To get your press release some free publicity on my website... so, are you sure you don't realize what my involvement with the hobby is? 

If anyone wants to email Kelsey (cool name for someone in the car hobby) here is the email address.. go ahead and mention what my involvement with the hobby is if you would, please. 

kcbugjo@speedwaymotors.com
Public Relations and Content Marketing Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment