Friday, January 15, 2021

quote of the day

 From high school through college I spent many hours keeping the cheap junkers I owned running. 

My first car (65 Cortina GT) cost $100 and I used to get up early to make sure I had time to get it started so I could drive it to school.

Daniel M


I was surprised how relateable this is, something intrinsic to the car guy life - that I'm sure most guys have done, but I've never seen put into words.... plan ahead to coax the car to run, so they aren't late for school or work! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm 65 and I still drive beaters. Still looking in the back row of the used car lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Ducati back in the 60's that was somewhat unpredictable when trying to get it started. I almost resorted to lighting votive candles and placing them around the bike come early morning starts. Eventually it always started but I had to leave for work about 30 earlier than when I used my car just to be sure I could get it started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez. I had a 63 VW that I had to tuck to bed on a cold night. A blanket over the engine and a trouble light for heat. What a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete