Saturday, October 03, 2020

sassy circus girls of Sarasota (I didn't make that up) of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in 1949.









https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in-sight/wp/2015/07/21/a-fashionable-life-under-the-tents-with-the-sassy-circus-girls-of-sarasota/

I never understood why "sassy" is always used with a negative connotation. I've adored sassy attitudes, because it means the personalities are in full caffeine and humor mode, not the tepid, bored, and tired mode.  It would be a hoot to hang out with these women, athletes, gymnasts, dare devils. They're my grandmas age, as these must be women in their late teens early twenties in 1949, so, the year my mom was born, and that would make them as old as my grandma, who was born in 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment