Thursday, October 29, 2020

just a cool photo... I bet those Metros made great high school or college cars, and no back seat which would have relieved parents of the worry of make out sessions (you know what I mean)

It didn't go fast, wasn't a sports car that the kids would lead foot in, and its got great vision all around, and easy to back up or park... both from the easy viewing of all 4 corners, and smaller size of the car. 

I wish I had one... you know, if I were rich and could have a collection of cars, this would be one. 

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-shots-from-days-gone-by.428585/page-6231

4 comments:

  1. Built in England and based on Austin mechanicals. This is a later series III with the 1500 cc BMC B-series engine as used in the Austin A50. In British countries, especially after the Nash name disappeared, they were sold as Austins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one in the early '70's. A guy stored it in my barn for the winter and the end of the next summer he had niot picked it up or paid the rent. He said "Do you want it?" I said "Sure!" My wife drove it off and on for a year or so before I sold it. Nice little car, but way underpowered. When you pulled out onto a highway from a side road there had better be nothing in sight, because it took a loooong time to get up to speed. My Saab 900 (non-turbo) accelerated faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was like an appliance,with the power of a refrigerator,
    the build of a washing machine and the handling of a stove.
    Oh,and a toaster,for heat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had one in the barn also,when I was about 5 or 6 yrs. old(1960).
    I can still see the shafts of dusty light across it.
    Red and white 2-tone,a lady teachers car.the first car I fell in love with.

    ReplyDelete