Saturday, April 30, 2022

The "Few Bad Apples" Epidemic: Sheriff's deputy is a drunk idiot, with a "Don't mess with me, I'm a drunk cop" reply to the security guard at a bar, who is an off duty cop, then tried to get the security guards gun... yup. SO, another day ending in Y

A veteran Westmoreland County deputy sheriff was charged with public intoxication and disorderly conduct.

Deputy Pilato urinated in the parking lot, attempted to enter parked cars (demonstrating the intent to drive drunk) and shouted obscenities at an off-duty sheriff’s officer working security at the bar AND made an attempt to disarm a security officer. 

 Pilato, a deputy sheriff since 2010, will continue to be paid while on suspension. 

 Pilato was contacted by the press, and said: “I just made a mistake, got drunk and had an interaction with police. It went from bad to worse. I was wrong and I take responsibility for my actions,” Pilato said.


So, he's admitted to being a drunk off duty, avoided mentioning the intent to DUI specifically, and will be heading to court. 

I gotta give him credit for admitting to it. That's a guy who can man up. I don't find this to outweigh the DUI that he was about to commit, or struggling with a security guard to get a gun from him.... but still. 1st time I've heard a cop man up (that I can remember) when caught fucking up 

No comments:

Post a Comment