Wednesday, February 09, 2022

not much got posted today

 Why?

Well, I came across stuff that made the archives better

So?

It made the blog better. 

But no one's looking at the rest of the blog, how about just adding new stuff so there's something to see when I stop by?

I am always on the look out for new stuff, but that doesn't mean I'll find it. Somedays, I come across a little, some days a lot, some days just great banner material (I have about 200 banners waiting their turn) and some days I only find stuff that improves the archives. 

Who's interested in looking through the archives? 

Me. One day, I'm going to sit back and look through over 15 years, and over 50,000 posts of material picked by the one person that knows what I like most, and I'll have forgotten nearly all of what I have on my blog. It's gonna be pretty damn cool. No garbage, no new car reviews, no bullshit about boring sales hype from writers making the car parts companies happy to donate various upgrade stuff for tech articles (Hot Rod magazine has sucked for the last couple years as they don't have a focus on cool cars, half the magazine is tech articles every year that result in upgrades to the writers vehicles) 

So, what about the readers of the blog?

I hope that tomorrow's search for cool stuff has much better results. But there's no way to guarantee even satisfaction, much less excitement. 

12 comments:

  1. Sweet. It's like you're collecting parts for a project you haven't started yet. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great way to look at it, thanks!

      Delete
  2. This blog already is a massive library of wonderful stuff. Please keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks! I wish someone would take a stab at looking through it for the first time, and sum up their thoughts about it. One guy tried a couple years ago, but he never finished, it took him too long, and I'm daily adding more....
      I often try to find a thing, and have to search through dozens of pages to look for whatever it is, and I get a glance at just how darn much variety there is in any one topic, or car manufacturer. I was looking through the Packard stuff for something... wow, there's a LOT in there!
      I have a bad memory, so pardon my question, but don't you too have a car blog?

      Delete
  3. I tried starting back at the beginning of your blog about a year ago when you weren't posting much new content. I think you might have started a new job and didn't have as much free time. I didn't get very far before you were back to your normal pace. You will definitely have a lot of material to read through when you get to that point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I started this new job in Oct 2020, and it's changed my way of adding new stuff. I only get about 60 posts a week now, since the new job, and I used to make about 120. I used to try for 10 to 12 posts a day, and now I'm lucky to get 6. Working overtime cut into my spare time a lot too, and I usually am surfing the internet while watching tv shows or movies, and often they are too good to look away from. Saturdays and Sundays I spend most of the day just blogging, and then the evening watching movies.
      After work nowadays, I get home around 6, and turn off the computer around 9. I'm trying to read more, as the great books I've bought over the past 10 years are adding up, and fill 3 shelves on my book case.... I need to get to them before I die of old age.

      Delete
  4. I follow you every day.
    I have even left some comments, but got no answer, so I understood that the comments were not important.
    But I follow you every day. Know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often reply to comments, usually I only reply when the comment is a clear start of a conversation.
      Thank you for the comments you have left!
      Oh, also, sometimes the damn computers send real comments to the Spam Comment folder, and I rarely spend any time looking through the spam, because there are dozens of spam comments every day from robo comment computers trying to insert links to advertising.
      I hope you've found something enjoyable on the blog that stood out as what you're most interested in!

      Delete
  5. You do you, Dude. I haven't missed a post since I discovered this cool little corner of the intertubes a year ago. Pretty damn cool to have the world's biggest scrapbook of all of your favorite stuff, and you share it with the rest of the world. Keep on, keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!
      You can see a lot better content back in the best years, 2014-2016.
      Recently, there just isn't the time to do in depth articles as I can't make the time for the research to pull every reference and sliver of info for a complete and well editted selection of what to post, not like I did in 2012-2019

      Delete
  6. The volume of new material varies but that's inconsequential, the important thing is I (we) can count on what is posted being interesting, always worth reading. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete