Saturday, April 24, 2021

getting the band on the road in a van, the quintessential road trip tour, is the theme of a new documentary by Dave Grohl


a new documentary is on the way for next Friday that looks back at the early days of some of music's biggest stars: Ringo, Flea, Slash, Steven Tyler, Metallica, No Doubt, and the Foos.

"This film is my love letter to every musician that has ever jumped in an old van with their friends and left it all behind for the simple reward of playing music," Grohl said in a statement. "What started as a project to pull back the curtain on the DIY logistics of stuffing all of your friends and equipment into a small space for months on end eventually turned into an exploration of 'why?' 'What drives us?'"

What Drives Us is set for release April 30 via the Coda Collection, a music-centric streaming service, via Amazon Prime Video Channels.

https://ew.com/movies/trailers/dave-grohl-what-drives-us-trailer

1 comment:

  1. I remember doing that. I hauled the band equipment and sometimes a couple band members. It was a '63 Ford Econoline with a 250 strait six between the front seats. Happier days my friend. I also was the band manager getting gig for the two groups I hauled for. I was just a kid then.

    ReplyDelete