Sunday, October 04, 2020

Forgotten travel song, from about 1980. A catchy tune


Well the midnight headlights blind you on a rainy night
Steep grade up ahead, slow me down, makin' no time, But I got to keep rollin'
Those windshield wipers slappin' out a tempo,
Keepin' perfect rhythm with the song on the radio,
But I got to keep rollin'

Ooh, I'm drivin' my life away, lookin' for a better way for me
Ooh, I'm drivin' my life away, lookin' for a sunny day

Well the truck stop cutie comin' on to me,
Tried to talk me into a ride
Said I wouldn't be sorry
But she was just a baby
Hey, waitress, pour me another cup of coffee,
Pop it down, jack me up, shoot me out, flyin' down the highway,
Lookin' for the mornin'

Ooh, I'm drivin' my life away, lookin' for a better way for me 
Ooh, I'm drivin' my life away, lookin' for a sunny day

The song is featured at the beginning and at the end of the 2018 film Finding Steve McQueen.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, a country/pop trucker classic. I liked that song a lot. Thanks for posting that. Think I'll listen to it again.

    ReplyDelete