Tuesday, July 30, 2019

B 24 Frenisi of the 307th Bomb Group 370th Bomb Squadron (Not to be confused with B17 Frenesi)


That's a hell of a scoreboard!



https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/b-24-liberator/b-24d-liberator-frenisi-307-bomb-group-nose-art-crew/

Some time ago
I wandered down into old Mexico
While I was there
I felt romance everywhere
Moon was shining bright
And I could hear laughing voices in the night
Everyone was gay
This was the start of their holiday
It was fiesta down in Mexico
And so I stopped a while to see the show
I knew that frenesí meant "Please love me"
And I could say frenesí
A lovely señorita caught my eye
I stood enchanted as she wandered by
And never knowing that it come from me
I gently sighed frenesí
She stopped and raised her eyes to mine
Her lips just pleaded to be kissed
Her eyes were soft as candle-shine
So how was I to resist?
And now without a heart to call my own
A greater happiness I've never known
Because her kisses are for me alone
Who wouldn't say frenesí?

https://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/b-24/42-40323.html


August 30, 1943 bombed Kahili, and was attacked by forty Zeros, while piloted by C. W. Byrd, the bomber returned with 48 bullet holes, and repaired over nine days.

This B-24 was the first 307th BG bomber to fly 100 combat missions.

Flew a total of 104 combat missions, then was retired on July 4, 1944. No crew member was lost aboard this bomber. Later, nose art of "104 Seabees" was added, and the names of crew who flew the bomber.

Afterwards, sent back to the United States for war bond drives.

 https://www.amazon.com/s?k=9780275962869&i=stripbooks&linkCode=qs

No comments:

Post a Comment