Tuesday, May 21, 2019

John Hendy took some great photos of the big races in late 50s, early 60s, and his son went through all 11,000 or so, and scanned them and uploaded them to a website "My Dad's Photos"


Mostly Ferrari 250s


White walls on a fuel truck?

1959 Le Mans, the Aston Martin entered by David Brown Racing Dept. and driven by Maurice Trintignant / Paul Frere finished in place after 322 laps.

His archive amounts to 850 rolls of black and white film, 650 more of colour negative film and over 11,000 colour slides.

http://mydadsphotos.shendy.co.uk/

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found my site, thanks for posting this!
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope you post more, I put these two out on my site to show people what they can expect to see in theme and content on your site... glad to see you don't mind!
      I read on your site that you found 10s of thousands of images, how many do you think you'll post online for people to see?

      Delete
  2. I've posted all of the motorsport that exists, except for the really bad ones. There are plenty of road cars, which I need to sort out at some point.
    I'm (very) slowly posting his holiday/travel images, and there are loads of gardens and flowers to do, but I've not been doing much scanning over the last few years - I'm only up to the mid 1990s on the colour negative and transparencies, but have at least finished all of the b&w. 7500 transparencies to go, and over 400 rolls of colour neg...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My applause and compliments for your time consuming project!

      Delete