Friday, March 08, 2019

How many chopper fans marched beside Martin Luther King Jr? One. Cliff Vaughs, who also was the associate producer on Easy Rider, because much of Easy Rider was Cliff’s experience as a man who actually rode his chopper through the South in the early ‘60s.


Cliff was famous, as he'd been featured in Easy Rider Magazine, and Ed Roth's Choppers magazine


I think I posted about Vaughs' work with Fonda and Hopper back in 2007 or 2008, before I started using the tag system to find things quick and easy... as I recognize the story, but I didn't know about him in the March.

I do remember him in the article about Capt America, the chopper that Fonda rode.

Fonda, the producer of Easy Rider, hired Vaughs to coordinate the motorcycles for the film, and Vaughs tapped Ben Hardy for the actual construction of the machines. Fonda and Vaughs both worked on the design of the bike.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-New-York/108424279189115
https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2017/03/ever-wonder-who-created-and-built-easy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment