Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Coolest thing I've seen all month! Damn it, I love true fundamental mechanics and design comparisons to show how and why things work, and whether after market "improved" designs are better or worse.



Though I haven't posted much about Gale Banks, as he's primarily diesel engine and diesel land speed, believe me, I've got tons of respect for his engineering and accomplishments.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/10/05/why-you-should-avoid-flat-back-diff-covers

now, for a regular diff cover shape:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really interesting, it blows a lot of my perceptions out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing amount of time and expense to make these awesome videos. It never really crossed my mind what was going on back there other than I figured it was some type of bath.

    ReplyDelete