Monday, October 15, 2018

worlds fastest heater core change... lets give the designers of the 1965 Ford Galaxie some praise for keeping it simple, and functional!



and that friends and readers, is one reason I dig old cars, and am a car guy.

You could remove, replace, and sometimes rebuild most everything on cool old cars built before the electronic crap they started doing in the 70s. No emissions, no fuel injection, no catalytic converters.

Hell, do you remember seeing the videos I've posted of how fast a model t, WW2 jeep, of 2CV can be completely taken apart and put back together?  That's beauty of design. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, same for my '57 Chevy, pops right out of the firewall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach, brother, preach! When I replaced the heater core on my 2000 Mustang it took six hours just to reach it. Then the A/C had to be drained and disconnected as well. The entire dash, console and steering column had to be removed. When I replaced the coil pack on my wife's van, I kid you not, the first step was to take the wiper arms off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy should be our next president! What a wonderful philosophy he has. "Find an old car, fix it, and drive it. Wish we all thought that way, sadly we don't. I do have to say this, his '65 galaxy has a simple drive train set up which makes it relatively easy to work on. I had to change the heater core in my '69 Firebird, and that took me the better part of the whole day. It's a V8 with A/C. So I guess it depends on the set up how easy it is to work on. Still, I love the old cars ans Old school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that 65 was built far more simple than your 69 Pontiac... straight 6 frees up a lot of space in the engine bay! Compliments to you on the Firebird!

      Delete