Wednesday, February 22, 2023

I'm going to guess even 80's fans aren't going to remember what this bus was


I will bet, though, that you remember Max Headroom, in the mid 80s, he was everywhere, he was the spokesman for New Coke on tv commercials and was even in the “Paranoimia” music video by Art of Noise.



the Max Headroom character was not digital... it was actor Matt Frewer wearing prosthetic makeup, contact lenses, and a plastic molded suit, and sitting in front of a blue screen.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Headroom

(enjoy the 80s flashback song, it's been forever since i heard it, it didn't get a lot of radio time since Max Headroom and MTV faded from pop culture icon status)


Frewer, one of my favorite goofy character actors is easily recognizeable, and seen in Altered Carbon, The Magicians, Supernatural, and in a very fun role, in Eureka. Yes, I watch a lot of tv, especially as I'm surfing the web for stuff to blog

3 comments:

  1. The bus in the upper photo is a cut down and modified UK built AEC Reliance. The bus in the lower photo is a modified US built Flxible Clipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I think the top image is the tribute to the original, as close as the fans could get who wanted to road trip and meet other Max Headroom fans.I forgot to delete it once I finally found the bottom photo

      Delete
    2. Wow, I was really sloppy on that post, then again, I was in a hurry at lunch to finish it during the 30 minute lunch time

      Delete