Sunday, February 19, 2023

2nd day of working on replacing the radiator, I didn't plan my time well, and the sun went down, it got pretty cold and dark after that, and I cut out for a burrito.


step one, compare the replacement with the original!


step 2: check that the replacement fan shroud fits and will bolt on!
So far, so good!


looks ready for the new one
 

that's when I found out the replacement wouldn't bolt in, and had to pull it, file down the ears a bit so the attachment bolts could pass through the holes and thread into the radiator support. Not a perfect fit until I filed a bit, but I have a good variety of files, and that went well. 

I went over today (I rent the garage, for 21 years now) but it was still in the 50s, and that gets chilly quick in just shorts and a tshirt (all you really need in San Diego unless you're stuck outside for a while) so instead I went to the parts store and got antifreeze and distilled water, so the next day it's nice out I can connect the hoses, fill it up, and take it for a test drive



1 comment: