Sunday, January 09, 2022

I spent a couple hours looking for stuff to post, but only came across some great banners. Some days are like that, and I need to look through a book I was generously given in trade for photos, about drag racing in the 50's and 60's at Deer Valley

 since you're not going to see these until I run out of snowy banners, here they are


















see the comments for a link to a similar taxi, said to only be good for 15 minutes of run time


most of them aren't cropped to the right size for banners, but, I'm not close to running out of the snowy banners yet. 

I think you'll agree, these are pretty good, and worth pulling up for a boring day where I haven't posted much 

5 comments:

  1. Banners are always my favourite posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo #17, of the old touring car with the large bag mounted on top, reminds me of a photo of a Belgian bus from WWII that was fueled by ammonia; is this car set up for that fuel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, well, this is WW1, based on the design and year of the vehicle, and coal gas was the fuel, and loaded it could run only about 15 minutes according to https://www.facebook.com/HistoricPhotographs/posts/2011767548996985

      Delete
  3. Nice collection. I like the one of the three men in the old car tearing around on two wheels. I wonder, "What was the sequela of this?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only see 2 guys in the car, which has a race car number, so, racing around a corner and got tripped up by a rut I suppose.
      What is "sequela"

      Delete