Saturday, September 25, 2021

wanting to take a picture of this Spitfire with Concorde taking off over it in the background, he wandered into someone else's photo.... who happened to learn that the wandering guy's photo turned out bad, and sent him a copy of their excellent shot!

 
In 1990, I’d gone over to America to have a flight in Bill Greenwood’s Spitfire from Aspen, Colorado to Oshkosh in Wisconsin, and I wanted to take a picture of the Spitfire with Concorde taking off over it in the background. I didn’t quite get the shot – sadly, I got the Concorde going through the propellers. Anyway, about six weeks later, someone wrote to Bill Greenwood and said: ‘I thought you might like this picture – it’s of your Spitfire with Concorde taking off in the background!’ That bloke in the photo, spoiling it, is actually me trying to take my own photograph! Bill said to me: ‘I call this my three British eccentricities: the Concorde, the Spitfire and you, Peter!’”

https://www.key.aero/article/peter-arnold-mr-spitfire

No comments:

Post a Comment