Saturday, September 25, 2021

personal note

My memory is steadily declining, evidently, as this morning I made a new post about Ed Roth's Little Jewel, and I had only just posted it 10 months ago. 

I used to remember what I'd posted, especially recently, and this caught me by surprise, to not remember ever seeing or hearing of Roth's Little Jewel. 

This matters for a couple reasons, that it's getting obvious to anyone reading the blog that I'm now forgetting that I've posted a car before, which is contrary to my repeated goal of not doing, as what's the point of repeating the same photo, with the same info, as that's useless to readers

Imagine a book that had the same page reprinted several times... not good. 

so, if you notice a repeat, please let me know so I can delete one of them. Only one needs to stick around in the archives. 

Also, it's getting harder to type. A hell of a lot more mistakes/typing errors are happening every day. 

I'm not giving up, shutting down, or quitting... just letting you know that it's likely to look a lot sloppier around here without me noticing.  I suppose it would be wiser to quit now, while I'm probably doing good, before I do a lot worse, but since I'm already past my peak in content quality ( I think my best was 2015-17) there's not much to be gained by stopping in mediocrity

Old age and not enough good sleep. Could be worse though. 

Am I making this up or whining? Nope. Just telling you how it is, to keep you advised of the current situation. I despise people that purposely go on as nothing is wrong, while behind the scenes, things are planned, things are fouling up, and they keep a secret that they are quitting, shutting the operation, and one day simple SLAM the damn doors in your face with a "fuck you, I'm out." and leave you with nothing, not even a damn note that things were heading downhill, no brakes, towards a wall that they could see

12 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about about it. I think most of us here will enjoy it even if it is a repeat. I'm sure some of us have bad memories too, and won't even know if it's a repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you continue for many years...your blog is the first place I go after reading Dilbert every morning.
    Sorry, guess that makes you second. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Busted in a fib! Well, 2nd is close enough

      Delete
  3. I agree with "unknown" and "Dino." I reads your blog as soon as I can each night. You have terrific information for historians. Thanks for your honesty. Keep going until you're one hundred!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Glad you're enjoying my little contribution to the internet!

      Delete
  4. Don't fret about it. Happens to all of us. Maybe you could enter the political arena? Just look at the pedophyle in the whyte house. And you're past your prime? They whole freaking world is past its prime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's O.K. I don't remember if i saw it earlier myself so if you repost something it doesn't matter to me , it's all good I'm amazed you can find so much and that you are really trying to only post new and not repeat is beyond me . So keep going if you can it's the first thing i go to in the morning when i get up and after i make coffee . And you take the time to get as much info, is priceless and i thank you for that .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only new stuff has been my goal, and when I see other blogs and tumblrs repeating the same old junk, like top 10 lists, car reviews, or "Have you seen the new Bronco?" it reminds me how lazy others are.
      There is far too much good stuff to share to need to ever get lazy and post garbage

      Delete
  6. being the editor of a club magazine, I know that satisfying the readers' expectations isn't too hard. Living up to one's own standards, however, is the difficult part.

    As for repeating posts, I have started taking articles from 20 years a go and running them again: 50% of the readers are new members who never saw it first time around, 25 % have forgotten they once read it, 20 % enjoy reading it again, and 5 % will skip it. The figures likely aren't that different with JACG, so no walkin' furries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jesse, where is the tip jar link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, thank you! But I have that up after SEMA, roughly around thanksgiving, until roughly xmas

      Delete
  8. I'm there with you. Don't worry about it. Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete