Tuesday, June 22, 2021

I finally found a couple more cars painted with Sonia Delaunay designs





https://unkmapied.fr/musee-automobile-mode-malaga/

all the sources will report is that it is a 1924

http://www.baronnesamedi.com/2020/03/malaga-le-musee-de-l-automobile.html says that "The artist-painter Sonia Delaunay was the first to personalize a car"





this 1928 Citroen B14 is now at the Mullin Museum




photographed by another favorite of mine, Jacques-Henri Lartique!





the Getty collection says the following about the dotted cart:  circa 1935: A fashionably dressed woman in a dress by Mlle Eigrane stands with her dog by a Citroen car which has white-walled tyres and is painted with random coloured circles by 'Valentine'

5 comments:

  1. interesting paint jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked out older posts on Sonia D.Merci Beaucoup for thorough art lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I hope you liked her designs... I admire them a lot. Did you use the tag to click on the link that instantly results in all my posts on her? Or did you use the search bar?

      Delete
  3. I used the tag,very handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! You're the first person I've talked to that has used them, and I've had them for 10 years.

      Delete