Friday, March 19, 2021

I have a rule, any photo with Annette in a hot rod, gets posted to share with all you other fans. Is there anyone today that's a fantastic as Annette was? I don't think so. Anyone else watch the original Mickey Mouse Club, then the beach movies when you were a kid?



Darn it, I bet she was an amazing wife, and mom, and grandmom. 

Why marry young? Exhibit A, a beautiful, talented, terrific young woman like Annette, before this crummy world ruins her Joie de vivre, and makes you a cranky old grump

Makes you feel bad for the teenagers today, so caught up in all the bullshit, photoshopping their photos, body dysmorphism, a target for all the assholes on social media, and even though they don't want a car, they can't afford a used car now that the cheapest stuff is a couple thou, and there aren't any cheap bugs or trucks anymore

6 comments:

  1. At age 72, I was a Mousekateer and IN LOVE with Annette.

    https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Mouseketeers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Robbie! But, as I recall, we thought Donna was more likely to "put out"

      Delete
  2. I watch the Mickey Mouse Club, but never saw any of the *"Bikini Beach Blanket Bingo" movies. Don't know why.

    *With a tip of the hat to George Carlin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand the reference to Carlin in context of the beach movies

      Delete
  3. I remember her well. My dream girl in 1957. What I remember most was that her first year as a Mousekateer her full first name, Annette, was displayed across her white sweatshirt. Her second year as a Mousekateer her full first AND last name was across the shirt and it all fit.

    ReplyDelete