Tuesday, November 17, 2020

I just remembered that Nov 6th was the 14th anniversary of this blog

 it was over a year before anyone was coming to see what I did week by week

it was over 2 years before I was posting enough to entertain anyone with enough content to make it worth their time a couple times a week. 

But around 2009 things took off and I had enough to get people to want to stop by once a day, and I'd get out to lots of car shows and car events on the weekends, and car cruises a couple times a week. 

in 2014 or so, I got a job that provided me with a lot of time to add content during the day, and then I'd get home and add content after work too. 

This new job has caused me to realize just how little time there is to add content after work (about 5 hours) and no time to add anything during the 10 minute breaks, and 30 minute lunches. 

I'm satisfied with getting over 50 posts a week though. Not as good as my typical 70 or 80 a week, and I haven't had any time to dive into a deep researched post... but I guess there's always the upside that working beats wasting day and night applying for jobs! 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! This is such a great place to be every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was born on November 6th, so that explains a little why I'm so addicted to it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day for 5 years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You've been along for some GOOD years! The first couple weren't as good

      Delete
  4. I really appreciate the effort you've put into this blog. Its very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a highlight of the day to read your blog,thank you. Rolf

    ReplyDelete