Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I don't think I've mentioned before what a great guy and incredible talent Brian Kessinger is, and he does commisioned art work in his spare time. His day job is working for Disney and Pixar


https://www.facebook.com/briankesingersteagirls/photos/a.862670637084251/3101389199879039

Among other things Marvel asked him to draw the Rocket and Groot comic book a couple years ago... just terrific stuff. I think I posted a couple years ago about his steampunk Victorian woman and her traveling companion, an Octopus. I know I showed you his steam punk transformers, and Mad Max / Tow Mater mash up https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-mash-up-art-of-brian-kessinger.html

5 comments:

  1. OH NO!Disney has put its hands on Calvin and Hobbes?!!!
    You guys really know banners!
    Came back from hospital to find aesthetics on my screen...
    Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Disney hasn't, this artist is really good and enjoys doing mashups and steam punk though... but he's doing this stuff on his own time, Disney isn't involved
      Thanks! I try to pick the good stuff, and switch it out every day at least onece
      Oh hell, why the hospital? I'm sorry to hear that!
      You're sure welcome!
      aesthetics... art? one of my favorite things... Mucha, Alma Tadema, Piranesi, and many more

      Delete
  2. Forgot to mention your fine list of links,which I use often now that I'm home again.Calvin's wagon Does have wheels.Bill Watterson drew great airplanes also.I like Mr.Kessingers style.Thanks again for introducing me to such a wide and varied panorama that is your site.Glad you are back too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those links are rarely checked, I hardly keep up with sites shutting down, as the number of people trying to make it online and failing is harsh. I usually go through the entire list once a year, and a couple will be dead links every year. Most links are ones I click on often, as that was shy I made that list, so I could quickly get to my favorite sites.
      But some sites just quit. Perich Brothers and sister hasn't posted since last November. Travis just doesn't post anymore, as his life changed a lot since he moved to Portland.
      Watterson is an amazing artist, comedian, and illustrator. I have the boxed set of Calvin and Hobbes, and just love that cartoon a lot! The big dinosaur paintings particularly.
      Brian Kessinger is a great talent, and has his own set of books, Otto and Victoria, plus he does so much other work, and then makes time for commissions and mash ups!
      You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying!

      Delete
    2. Dinosaurs and Spaceman Spiff!
      Happy trails!

      Delete