Wednesday, November 14, 2018

hey Von Dutch fans, you will want to bust out the savings account, and sell a kidney... his personal photo album made from a stop sign, is among the stuff the Petersen Museum is auctioning off in 23 days


if they had any mercy they'd let me scan every page and then post them so we all can check out the cool stuff Von Dutch pinstriped, restored, etc. I don't think any Von Dutch book I've ever seen has more than one or two photos from this book


https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/ca18/the-petersen-automotive-museum-auction/lots/n0096-von-dutch-stop-sign-photo-album/729415
https://rmsothebys.com/en/home/lots/ca18

2 comments:

  1. Go ask them. After all you do have some street cred ('net cred'?) by now. Second only to librarians, museum people are some of the nicest and helpful ones I've ever met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had known before they gave it over to the auction people, I would.

      Right now, I think there is no chance that anyone at the museum would allow the intrinsic value of the photos, their unpublished rarity, to be lowered by letting anyone scan or photograph them to let it be seen by all people for free.

      Oh, I dunno... street cred? Lol, no one I met and gave my business card to at SEMA knew of my site at all.

      Delete