Monday, September 24, 2018

four fuel streamliners ran in excess of 400 mph at Speed Week 2018


I can't find the gallery I did of this streamliner.. it was at the 2014 GNRS  https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2014/01/wow.html

When it's pointed out that there are now 4 of these streamliners that clock over 400, I think we ought to recognize that we're in a rebirth of enthusiasm for the big numbers at Bonneville, but, conversely, the salt isn't up to much more as it's never really stopped being depleted.

Strange, the money seems to be there for the wealthy to get back into real high speeds, in numbers that haven't been seen in decades.

When WAS the last time Bonneville had competition for the top speed of the meet? When the Arfons and Breedlove competition happened? Since then, I can't recall there being (and I'm no scholar of Bonneville racing, trust me) more than one or two big speed number runners out there at the same time.

image from https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/08/17/bonneville-speed-week-from-the-starting-line

No comments:

Post a Comment